African migrants hit it big in Spain Christmas lotteryMADRID (AP) About 35 African migrants, including at least one rescued at sea from an overcrowded wooden boat, are among the top prize winners of Spain’s Christmas lottery, according to the owner of the lottery agency that sold more than 1,000 tickets that shelled out 400,000 euros ($438,000) each.
And in Illinois, there are hopes that online tickets will increase sales for the lottery.
He said that youth were already gambling online and that the industry was not doing a good job preventing it.
He said that poker would likely generate $12 billion a year in revenue for states and that the lotteries – already a $60 billion to $70 billion business – would continue to grow.
“We are about to see this explosion of Internet gambling sweep across the nation,” he said. He said online gaming would likely bring more visitors to casinos.
This would be good news for Florida, where lawmakers are set to consider a measure to bring three casino resorts to the southern part of the state. Steve Beshear is pushing for expanded gambling in his state. Gambling is seen as a painless tax, involuntary tax so it is an easy way to raise revenue without raising real taxes.”. and Nevada are already poised to start online gambling, mostly poker. Digital Gaming estimated that tax revenue for the states would be about 25 percent. Digital Gaming, said the change would give states the ability to legally operate online gambling beginning with poker and also sell lottery tickets on the Internet.
“In some ways, we’re concerned that when these existing industries expand [under the new Justice Department rule] they’re going to do the same shoddy job of enforcing that they’re already doing,” Whyte said.
Image credit: Karen Bleier/AFP/Getty Images
Forget the monkey or the rooster, 2012 could be the year of the gambler and experts say that while that would mean more money in states’ pockets, it could also put young people and adults at further risk of addiction.
Bronson of U.S. Nelson Rose, Whittier Law School professor and expert on gaming law, called the Justice Department move a “major Christmas present for the Internet gambling community.”
According to a 2010 Morgan Stanley report, analysts said that allowing Internet gambling could bring in $5 billion.
“It’s money and [states] can’t raise taxes anymore and they can’t cut services anymore so they need a way to raise money and gambling seems to pay more tax,” Rose said.
In fact, Washington D.C. “All we’re seeing is every single state proposing more and more legal gambling. Rick Bronson, chairman of U.S. In New York, the governor is pushing for the legalization of casino gambling.
He advised states looking to jump into online gambling to first do a study on the current rate of gambling addiction among youth and gambling adults to see whether there would be a spike.
Regarding Internet gambling, Rose said states would have to require strict regulations to prevent gamblers from becoming addicts and to ensure that minors do not participate.
On Friday, the Justice Department reversed its previous stand on the 1961 Wire Act – saying that it applied to sports betting but not online gambling – after years of hunting down online casinos like the billion-dollar-plus Full Tilt Poker.
“States are looking to maximize revenue from gambling, but they also need to minimalize the social costs,” Whyte said.
Keith Whyte, the executive director of the National Council on Problem Gambling, said there were a half a million youth ages 12-17 with gambling problems.
The thought of outwitting their counterparts is what drives any online gamer to succeed. Here, online gamers met and have formed virtual camaraderie through the game preferences they had. Some are old games that are just modified to fit with the modern times while some are totally new. It has gained its popularity which led to the existence of arcades. Furthermore, there are times when people would simply want to relax and play a game without having to deal with the other players. The classification made by Wikipedia goes like this:
To play online, you must register first to be qualified and enjoy the benefits of various online gamers club. Many games help develop practical skills, serve as a form of exercise, or otherwise perform an educational, simulational, or psychological role. One significant development has something to do with the way games are being played. While games for offline gaming are still available and loved by some people, the majority already prefers the online games at present.
- Domino and tile games
- Video games
- Card games: Poker, Baccarat, Canasta – to name just the most popular and well known
Offline gaming is a cool way to fill in time and enjoy, especially when you cannot go online. In addition, such games are fairly simple to finish off, so gamers are not at all pressured to play for more hours.
- Role-playing games (RPG) – These types of games can be played either in electronic format such as on a computer or video game console, some of them even being online like World of Warcraft, or they can be played as a tabletop game like White Wolf or Shadowrun. The Sims 3
Need for Speed: Shift
The Orange Box
The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind
With offline gaming, the usual games could last around 20 to 100 game play hours. Watch out for that.
- Tabletop games
- Board games: Monopoly, Go, Scrabble, Chess, The Settlers of Catan, Ticket to Ride, Maharaja, Backgammon, Taj Mahal, Mine a million, Torres, Lost Cities , Speachless, Logo board games, Masterpiece, Buzzle, Highlanders, History of the World, The Game of Life, Dominion, LifeStyle The Financial Planning Game
- Simulation â Games of this type are extensions of childhood games where children pretend being in adult roles such as doctor, parent or fireman. By the year 1990, its popularity has hit the highest point, but eventually dropped since the market did not expand quickly as what was expected. And for these reasons, this is where offline gaming comes into play. Time, distance and nationality are defied in the so-called growing cyber world that gathers online gamers. From simple to complex, intellectual to sports related and the highly dynamic violent games, name it and you have a long list of choices.
Gambling involves activities like casinos, sports books, poker, video poker, craps, black jack, roulette, slot machines, lottery and skill games â just to name a few. But more than the prize being offered, online gamers are interested on the title for each competition. That is why more and more IT experts are religiously developing new games or simply improving the current prevailing games since there is a huge public clamor for such.
- Pencil and paper games. Games generally involve mental or physical stimulation, and often both. In the case of The Sims 3, it can be played either in a computer or PS3 console. Almost every aspect of human interest turned out to be very accessible. Key components of games are goals, rules, challenge, and interaction. Attested as early as 2600 BC, games are a universal part of human experience and present in all cultures.” (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game)
These games require a PC or laptop, but an Internet connection is not needed. As a member, you may avail of discounts on games for sale, get the freebies given to its member, and the opportunity to meet and play with other online games enthusiasts worldwide. Today these games are primarily electronic and cover a diversity of imaginary contexts that the modern computers try to recreate as a form of virtual reality.
Offline gaming began in the year 1970. Additionally, games for offline gaming are either skill-based or story-based, with the former as the more difficult as it needs your experience and skillfulness in order to play and finish the game.
These games are available online and the best part of it is that you can now play with people from all over the world. Even with the numerous online games available, offline gaming is still going to exist and probably preferred by some.
- Dice games: Backgammon , Dice Chess, Ship, Captain, and Crew (or Six Five Four), Shoot the Moons, Strat-O-Matic
“A game is a structured activity, usually undertaken for enjoyment and sometimes used as an educational tool. They are really popular in both real and online world.
- Sports â here is a list with the most popular sports games: Football, Soccer, Baseball, BasketBall, Hockey, Rugby, Volleyball, Pool Games, Water Games, Cricket, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, Shooting, Horse Racing, Car Games, Driving Games, Cycling, Bowling, Dodge ball Games, Fishing , Hunting, Ice Skating, Olympics Games, Parking Games, Skateboard, Snowboarding, Surfing Games, Winter Games.
- Business games
There are many different types of games. Knowing the trend in online gaming, it is expected that there’s more to come in the future that’s completely exciting. These games involve taking on the role of a character in the game and controlling the choices of the character while working with their strengths and weaknesses.
- Dexterity/coordination games
Information technology has certainly made a big impact to humankind. But for you to fully appreciate online gaming, you should be aware of the technical aspects to secure a spot in what they call the elite circle of online gamers.
There are a number of popular games for offline gaming as:
Are you interested in playing games or in gambling? In real world, offline or online?
- Guessing games
One reason why online gaming is such a major success is because of the competition being held on a particular game every now and then in which fabulous prizes are at stake. A lot of games are now being introduced to the public