They are also risky for your pocketbook, as they often require an up-front investment.
6. But they don’t buy or sell click-bait links, the links that go nowhere, to the wrong site or just plain spam up your browser. Or maybe you share some content on your Facebook feed for a buck or two. Think again. Sounds enticing? Think again. Online Gambling
While the idea of winning big via online gambling is appealing, the odds are not. For a good-paying survey, look for a focus group or a qualitative research study.
2. Selling Your Online Reputation
Selling your reputation onlinecan take many forms. Just don’t go there.
3. Often these surveys do pay, but at what cost? Is it really worth 30 minutes of your time to make $1? You might be better off working at minimum wage. Whatever the reason, you see the appeal of making money online.
Do not show up with more cash than is needed for the transaction. Most people read the stories and shake them off, thinking nothing bad willhappen to them. If a transaction seems questionable or unsafe, walk away.
8. Risky Online Investments
Buying penny stocks — typicallyfor very small companies with highly illiquid and speculative shares — mightsound appealing. This article originally appeared on GOBankingRates.com: 8 Worst Ways to Make Money Online
These types of actions can ruin your online branding, cause you to lose social media friends and simply make you look like a sellout. In return, you’ll bank some cash and make even more money when more people “underneath” them sign up.
By Holly Hammersmith, Contributor
Don’t let this list scare you off using the Internet to do business. You can make good money buying and selling on Craigslist when you know the product and its value. You know, the ones where you try to reel in your closest family and friends and get them to sign up for a product or service. Some you are asked to take as an act of kindness or to provide feedback for a product or service. Make sure you are informed about the product you are buying. Taking Surveys for Pennies
Online surveys are abundant. You might think you’ll invest just a little bit and earn big.
When selling or buying items on Craigslist, use discretion. Remember, the Internet never forgets.
And who doesn’t? The Internet has grown the economy and seems like a friendly place to do business. Selling Any Pirated Materials
Pirated e-books, CDs and Hollywood blockbusters on Blu-ray can be found and downloaded online –often for a small fee. It can also be a dangerous place to make money.. Some ways to earn money online should be avoided simply because they are risky, illegal, dangerous or unprofitable. Maybe you have debts to pay off, are saving for a dream vacation or need to bank cash for a home improvement. Reckless Buying or Selling on Craigslist
You’ve probably heard aboutCraigslist scams. Instead, use your smarts to do work.
5. Don’t risk your online reputation –which is vital to business these days — for a few clicks.
But before you jump in, do some research and make sure the “opportunities” at hand are legitimate. You can work from the comfort of your own home and set your own hours.
Want to make money off a blog? Partner with reputable affiliate programs such as Amazon Affiliates and set up ads with Google AdSense. Put your dollars elsewhere, such as in a strong mutual fund where you are far more likely to have a more solid return.
7. Selling — or just downloading– pirated materials can land you in big trouble with your Internet provider and local, state, and national authorities. From 2005 to 2007, only 11 percent of repeat online gamblers ended up in the black, with the average winnings totaling less than $150, according to an analysis in The Wall Street Journal.
Don’t buy into the hype of gambling. There are plenty of legitimate ways to make money online, and many people are earning a decent income with their online side jobs or hobbies. If you are meeting a prospect in person, do so in a safe neighborhood, in a public place and at a specific time. Beware of the following.
1. Be smart and just make sure you understand an opportunity before you pursue it.
More from GOBankingRates:
These multilevel marketing opportunities are risky for your personal life and relationships. If you don’t, your readers will catch on to those fake links and stop reading before long.
4. Craigslist is a wonderful marketplace to buy, sell, or trade items; meet people; and find jobs. There’s little money in these bottom-feeder games.
You’re already working a full-time job, but you’re trying to hustle on the side. Selling Click-Bait Links
Many bloggers make a good living from ad revenue, affiliate sales and more. You might be enticed to fill your Twitter feed with spam to earn a few cents. Multilevel Marketing Online
You’ve heard of pyramid schemes. Be aware of your surroundings and bring a friend.
Only this is unlikely to happen, especially if you know very little about investing. If you come across surveys guaranteeing you will make good money in hardly any time, be wary